Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2017-04-02 01:05:49

Alexander the bat

Everdrive GB good for testing homebrew on REAL hardware?

Could I use the Everdrive GB and test my gameboy games on real hardware like test it on Gameboy color then the DMG Gameboy? I do have both to test things with so I can do Real testing on these gameboys to insure there's no issues within' the two.

So can I get a custom built Everdrive and test the roms on actual gameboys and revise the rom if needed?

#2 2017-04-02 03:44:11

chris
Website

Re: Everdrive GB good for testing homebrew on REAL hardware?

I use my GB Everdrive frequently whenever I make a new build of my game. I like to test on my gray brick, but occasionally use it on my GBC, and even my Super Game Boy. The Everdrive uses a micro SD card, so there's no need to have a "custom" one.

My avatar is from Nintendo Power. I miss those days, so I decided to bring them back.

#3 2017-04-02 04:21:16

Alexander the bat

Re: Everdrive GB good for testing homebrew on REAL hardware?

chris wrote:

I use my GB Everdrive frequently whenever I make a new build of my game. I like to test on my gray brick, but occasionally use it on my GBC, and even my Super Game Boy. The Everdrive uses a micro SD card, so there's no need to have a "custom" one.

I'm gonna build one using the custom option which I'm thinking of having mine to be a titanium colored cart with the acid colored label and just 4gb of SD though it may take 1-3 weeks but it's worth it for me though.

Board footer