Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-20 04:43:23

colorful_courier
Website

how to place a gb game for 3 monitors separately

hi all,
fun story==> i made a small gb game for a cool event of games in my town, and now they want to place it permanently in the venue. (my first game big_smile and of course all in asm) 
they have 3 monitors and im trying to figure out what is the best way to handle that (so that 3 people could play at the same time).
3 raspberry pi's with emulators and retro usb controllers? split laptop screen? dose someone here have any experience with something like that?

+ what emulator would you recommend for linux?

++ when the game is ready ill post it smile (and the code)
here is a small peek ==> http://o--0oo0--o.com/?gesusa-hilfe

#2 2017-06-20 22:03:50

DU0
Website

Re: how to place a gb game for 3 monitors separately

Not sure about Linux, but way back in the late '90s and early 2000s I used to play Pokémon with a few classmates no no$GB, if I recall correctly. We had to share a keyboard, so it sucked, but maybe you could use cheap USB controllers or something, so the players wouldn't overload the BUS. Also, the screens were all wedged together under the emulator window, but there might be a way to unsnap them and put each screen on a separate monitor.

Also, wtf that game :v

Board footer