Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2017-02-12 16:43:57

mjm

Free GB music

I was recently playing with gbdk-n and I created a simple game. I wanted to add some music to it, but as I am not a musician/lack this kind of skills every track I composed sounded horrible. Is there a place where I can find free GB music that I can include in my games? I found only 1 website with some GB chiptunes in MP3 format, but I'm looking for something that can be compiled to .gb ROM and played on real hardware. I'm not planning to commercialize my games in any way.

I already have the sound playing routine (based on timer IRQ) and a method to rip the music from .gb files (a modified version of GB emulator).

#2 2017-02-13 08:36:42

Mills

Re: Free GB music

mjm wrote:

I was recently playing with gbdk-n and I created a simple game. I wanted to add some music to it, but as I am not a musician/lack this kind of skills every track I composed sounded horrible. Is there a place where I can find free GB music that I can include in my games? I found only 1 website with some GB chiptunes in MP3 format, but I'm looking for something that can be compiled to .gb ROM and played on real hardware. I'm not planning to commercialize my games in any way.

I already have the sound playing routine (based on timer IRQ) and a method to rip the music from .gb files (a modified version of GB emulator).

You can use mod (tracker) and gbt player to convert files.

Also you can look for carillon editor tracks.

It would be awesome if there was a gb music archive to include music in roms.

#3 2017-02-27 05:03:51

nordloef
Website

Re: Free GB music

Game Boy music composer using Carillon Editor for games and demos. Check out my work HERE. Need music or sfx for your homebrew project? Feel free to drop me a line.

Board footer