Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2017-04-08 18:08:27

Alexander the bat

which is better to make music?

Right now I'm stuck of using the gbtplayer and is the other music player better can't recall name to make better music? I'm gonna create a Dr Mario Like engine trying to figure out to program in Color and add music to it and such.

Dr Mario uses lower notes which may sound weird if I arrange it using GBT Player - I'm basically looking to try out a better music player to use besides gbtplayer and make it sound more natrual of the game.

Should I use GBT player and arrange the Dr Mario music or use a better music player?

#2 2017-04-09 07:58:07

Mills

Re: which is better to make music?

Alexander the bat wrote:

Right now I'm stuck of using the gbtplayer and is the other music player better can't recall name to make better music? I'm gonna create a Dr Mario Like engine trying to figure out to program in Color and add music to it and such.

Dr Mario uses lower notes which may sound weird if I arrange it using GBT Player - I'm basically looking to try out a better music player to use besides gbtplayer and make it sound more natrual of the game.

Should I use GBT player and arrange the Dr Mario music or use a better music player?

Right now the only other player "easy" to use, is carillon player. And it is a bit strange, you have to create the music in a game boy or an emulator, and read the tutorial to copy how the instruments are created.

Board footer