Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2017-05-07 16:18:53

rychan
Website

Ludum Dare 48 Hour Gameboy Game Get!

Huzzah everyone!

Been away from the forums for a little while and finished Infinitron off for it's cartridge release, also, Entered another lil Gameboy game in the 48 hour Ludum Dare game jam, it's a lil shmup / area defence game where you defend your 3 hives from attack from predators.

If you fancy a looksy at it, there's a ROM here --> https://gamejolt.com/games/Hives/251792

and my post-mortem on the game here --> https://refreshgames.co.uk/2017/04/24/l … ostmortem/

Currently looking into music making in Deflemask and figuring out how best to export the music data from there into something gbdk friendly.

#2 2017-05-07 22:52:12

npzman
Banned

Re: Ludum Dare 48 Hour Gameboy Game Get!

@rychan

Please explain why you blocked my Twitter just how @zal0 did ?  It is important for me to connect with the best Gameboy developers on the internet. If you want me to finally make my dream Gameboy rom please unblock my twitter. Me and @DU0 is also looking for person to make music right now. So @DU0 can help me with the rest of the ZGB tutorial.

Thank you

Twitter : @Sfeedman please follow
Join : sfeed.club my website please join

#3 2017-05-08 04:01:48

rychan
Website

Because of your general attitude, demanding videos and tutorials other things when I'm already a busy man. Then implying that I'm a racist because I didn't respond to your every query doesn't put you in my good books. Quite the opposite infact.

I understand that you're quite young but please take this as lesson in what remains of polite conversation.

That's how it falls down really, Good Day Sir.

Last edited by rychan (2017-05-08 05:28:17)

#4 2017-05-08 18:56:57

npzman
Banned

rychan wrote:

Because of your general attitude, demanding videos and tutorials other things when I'm already a busy man. Then implying that I'm a racist because I didn't respond to your every query doesn't put you in my good books. Quite the opposite infact.

I understand that you're quite young but please take this as lesson in what remains of polite conversation.

That's how it falls down really, Good Day Sir.

Okay @rychan I am very sorry please unblock my twitter. Yes you are right I am a kid. Plus I am the only kid in this forum ?
Well I think you need put in some bit more patience in me.

Last edited by npzman (2017-05-08 18:59:40)

#5 2017-05-17 04:05:30

npzman
Banned

Please can you unblock my twitter it will be much appercatied. @Zal0 please also do the same.
I don't like repeating myself. I am not going to get anywhere in GBdev without you.

#6 2017-05-17 06:38:04

Momeka

That's really impressive for a 48 hours jam. Good job!

I find complete game loops and side stuff pretty important for jam games. Makes it feel more like a complete package.

#7 2017-05-18 08:07:55

rychan
Website

@npzman You will get to places in gbdev, just get your head down and code. the GBDK compiler does provide some pretty handy error messages, just start off with something small and go from there. It took me just under a month to build my first gameboy game and you will just continue to learn from there. Having the right attitude to it is half the battle.

@Momeka Thanks, I'm going to make some fixes to it soon, but have just started off my first steps into NES 6502 Assembly, which is pretty interesting! Tough, but interesting. It may lead me back to some gameboy ASM in the future, y'never know smile

#8 2017-05-21 10:01:22

npzman
Banned

@rychan Okay are you going to help by unblocking my twitter last time I will ask. I am sick of asking the same things again and again. I might end up leaving the forums.

Board footer