RGBDS (RedneX Game Boy Development System) aka ASMotor is a package consisting of the assembler xAsm, the linker xLink and the ROM image validation tool RGBFix.
Carsten Sørensen's version (author of RGBDS):
Otaku No Zoku's fork with a few additional fixes and features:
Currently maintained version (it works on Windows and UNIX systems):
(Please add any bugs you might encounter to the list below)
- Trying to pass a string literal that contains an escape sequence to a macro results in an "Unterminated string" error.
- The \" (double quote) escape sequence can only be used in pairs.
- xLink's "link file" parser cannot handle spaces.
- Subtracting a numeric constant from a data structure symbol (rb, rw, ...) produces a parse error. It's still possible, however, to add a negative number.
- Line numbers are often off by one (actual line numbers are one less than reported).
- RGBAsm crashes under unknown circumstances‐ often when working with macros. Sometimes, this can be fixed temporarily by altering the length of the offending source file. Other times, not using the '-q' command-line option works.