Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-24 23:27:45

Bobyrman123

Multiple Types of Interrupts GBDK 2020

I'm writing a game in C in GBDK 2020, and I'm trying to make a menu interface that goes over both the top and the right of the screen. Using interrupts, I know how to make a menu that goes horizontally at the top of the screen, however I have absolutely no idea how I could go about making one that goes on the left of the screen, and have even less of an idea on how I can mix the two. It very well could be impossible, but I'd at least like to try and do it.

Is there any way to keep track of both the row and column of the pixel the Gameboy is drawing? If it were, I can just use HIDE_WIN; and SHOW_WIN; for whenever it's in the range I'd like it to be in. How can I do this?

Thank you!

#2 2022-03-16 18:03:01

bbbbbr

Re: Multiple Types of Interrupts GBDK 2020

The easiest solution would be to move the left edge of the window. For example using move_win().

While there are ways to change something that is displayed mid-scanline, it takes a very large amount of CPU time to do that for every scanline where an effect is applied. So it's usually not practical.

Board footer