Difference between revisions of "BGB"
m (→Facts: Updated facts)
(bgb description edits)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
= Overview =
= Overview =
BGB by beware is
BGB by beware is . It has a [[no$gmb]]-like debugger, but lacks some of no$gmb. [], it has both an excellent accuracy and a powerful deugger, and is freeware, it is probably the best choice for developers.
= Facts =
= Facts =
Revision as of 10:59, 7 December 2011
Part of a series of articles on
BGB by beware is a gameboy/color emulator/debugger. It has a no$gmb-like debugger, but lacks some of no$gmb's disadvantages. It has a high accuracy, comparable to Gambatte. Considering it has both an excellent accuracy and a powerful deugger, and is freeware, it is probably the best choice for developers. BGB also has features that make it a good choice for playing and enjoying games or demos.
- Homepage: http://bgb.bircd.org/
- Type: Emulator/Debugger
- Platform: Windows
- License: Freeware
- Current version: 1.3.2
- Last updated: 2011-02-07
- emulation of the GameBoy, GameBoy Color, and Super Gameboy
- support for MBC1/2/3/5/7 and HuC1/3
- SGB multiplayer with up to 4 gamepads
- powerful debugger:
- assembler (change code and ability to save modified rom)
- break on access
- conditional breakpoints
- singlestepping/tracing/animating/step out/step over
- vram viewer: BG map, tiles, OAM, palette
- IO registers viewer
- break on exceptions (accessing inaccessible VRAM, read unitialized WRAM and HRAM, echo ram access, access locked external ram, disable video outside vblank)
- save state support
- graphics output: directdraw and DIB supported
- sound output: waveout, directsound and disk writer supported
- runs almost all roms perfectly, compatibility comparable with the best GB/C emulators
- Accurate/high quality sound emulation, can generate bandlimited rectangular waves
- accurate video emulation.
- This emulator is fast.
- Joystick/Gamepad support, everything configurable
- some user interface keys are configurable and can be mapped to joystick/gamepad buttons
- MBC3 Real Time Clock emulation.
- Auto delay/frameskip, gameboy runs at 100% real speed and full ~60 fps, or any adjustable speed.
- GameGenie and GameShark cheat, load/save cheats (auto and manual), "cheat searcher", easy creation of new cheat codes
- save/load state with quick (zsnes style) keys.
- Load from zip and gzip files
- This program does not require DirectX or runtime libraries.
- support for optional border bitmap and pseudo fullscreen mode.
- TCP/IP game link support