Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 01:48:52

rondn

Capstone Project Mentorship Proposal

Hi, I'm Ron, and I'm totally new here but very excited.

As part of my graduation next year, I am beginning to create a Capstone Project. This project is an opportunity to demonstrate my learning in an area of my own interest. I want to build and program a Gameboy game because I really enjoy building electronics and programming, mostly embedded electronics like Arduino and esp8266. Recently I've dabbled in Zilog Z80 assembly using my TI-84 I got a few months ago, and I've found Assembly to be a really interesting and enjoyable puzzle. I have some ideas for what sort of game I could make, and I think they're some pretty original ones at that. However, an important part of the Capstone project is having a mentor. This might be a bit of a long shot, but I would be absolutely delighted if someone here would be willing to mentor me. Usually students find people they know locally, but since this is such a specialized thing I think it makes more sense to look for a mentor here. Over the course of the next year and a bit, we would need to meet a minimum of 3 times to discuss my progress and plan the next steps. I imagine this would be through Zoom or similar. It would be best if someone was willing to video call, but if someone was only willing to audio call or even message, I could maybe make that work. I totally understand if no one wants to to this as I suppose there is a time commitment, not to mention meeting with strangers and stuff. I would be so grateful though, because I really want to go through with this project but need to find a mentor to make it work.

Fingers crossed,
Ron

#2 2021-01-30 20:30:01

nitro2k01
Administrator

Re: Capstone Project Mentorship Proposal

I've forwarded your request to the GB Dev Discord to see if anyone there is willing to help out. You can also join and ask directly yourself by following the invite link below.

https://gbdev.io/chat.html

Blog: Gameboy Genius
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one small step"
Old Chinese Proverb

#3 2021-01-30 22:34:09

rondn

Re: Capstone Project Mentorship Proposal

Great, thanks. I didn't know there was a discord, but I'll go join it in a moment. Thanks for the help.

Board footer