Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2015-11-26 04:05:00

samplaninc

I'm (kinda) new to this. What do I do now to keep moving forward?

Hey guys,

My name is Sam, and I'm (kinda) a newbie to the GB/C homebrew development scene. The reason why I say 'kinda' is that I've actually been attempting to figure out how to compile Game Boy ROMs for a couple of years, but it wasn't until last year that I was able to do so successfully. Since then, I've managed to make a couple of Hello World ROMs, one even being interactive via the start button. I also made one really crummy tile based demo without any animation whatsoever. So I guess I've technically been at this since I was in 8th grade (I'm 17 right now). Anyways, now that I've made a couple of basic ROMs, what do I do next to keep going? To be more specific, I want to be able to make actual games and applications for the GB/C, but I am having trouble figuring out what resources to use and what not. In fact, I'm actually planning of documenting my progress on YouTube, but I want to get started by asking you guys for help on where to go to keep progressing with the Game Boy Development. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

samplaninc smile

#2 2015-11-26 04:07:14

antzero

Re: I'm (kinda) new to this. What do I do now to keep moving forward?

#3 2015-11-26 14:30:51

samplaninc

Re: I'm (kinda) new to this. What do I do now to keep moving forward?

Thanks so much, this is really helpful! I will definitely take a closer look at this as soon as I have more time. Happy Thanksgiving! big_smile

Board footer