Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2017-06-29 17:40:26

StonyyBird

How to play multiple sounds / songs?

Hi there,

is it possible to play multiple songs? Or do I have to pause the current song and insert the new one?

What possibilites does the gbt player provide? Does it use all 4 sound channels (Pulse A/B, Wave and Noise)?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

#2 2017-06-29 19:49:31

AntonioND
Website

Re: How to play multiple sounds / songs?

Just one song.

All channels, with limitations. GBT Player doesn't support all things that the GBC allows for practical reasons: It's impossible to replicate in the PC unless you do a custom tracker, so you wouldn't be able to compose the music easily.

#3 2017-06-30 02:49:40

StonyyBird

Thanks for the answer and for your gbt player smile

Is it possible to pause the currently playing song and resume it later from the paused position? What are the variables that you store from one gbt_update() call to the next? An API to get the current songs total size and the current position would be great.

#4 2017-06-30 20:56:46

AntonioND
Website

Well, you can do it if you don't play anything else in between.

The total size is annoying to calculate, you need to scan all patterns for jump commands if you really want to know it. I don't have any plan to do it.

The current position can be checked by reading the internal variables. I could add an API to get it, though...

Board footer