Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2019-05-30 17:10:20

ichidoreichan

Can you help me crack this GBC rom and insert english script on it?

Hello friends, here's a new episode in my saga to complete this project. Hopefully, I have arrived at a good port.

I'm a big fan of these anime series called "Macross" and the franchise released an excellent Space Shooter game with musical stages and pleasant gameplay "Macross 7 -Ginga No Heart Wo Furuwasero!!- "

https://macross.fandom.com/wiki/Macross … the_Galaxy-

I paid for the translation and some members of romhacking.net have helped me rip the script, but as soon as I ask people to show me the ropes or to help me do it, they say is beyond their skill. So, a kind soul directed me to this site (GBC fans hacking stuff) and obviously, I'm amazed at how much you guys have advanced in cracking stuff here.
Please don't suggest anything related to Romhacking.net. I kinda stole the owner's girlfriend and things got weird after that smile

I wanted to ask for the help of a skilled hacker for script insertion of English into this Japanese game. I have pointers, directions, tables translated, a Japanese Table ready even...but zero programming skills.
I would super appreciate (and the community too) if you could help me insert said script into the rom and we can have a game to play. Thanks for your consideration smile

Please PM me/email me or reply here, I can send you the resources if you can help me or show me the way to do it. I already worked much of the writing part and I'd like to get cracking on the programming part in a timely matter smile

#2 2019-05-30 17:41:36

gbjosh

Re: Can you help me crack this GBC rom and insert english script on it?

Do you promise to not steal our girlfriends? 😋

#3 2019-05-30 23:25:50

ichidoreichan

I swear by Saint Satoru Iwata and holy Hiroshi Yamauchi that even if she has a nice butt, I'll keep looking away until the game is done smile

#4 2019-06-06 04:09:18

ichidoreichan

I met a nice collaborator that found me in this forum, I'm restarting work and the goal is set for this project, thanks.

Last edited by ichidoreichan (2019-06-06 04:09:51)

Board footer