Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2015-08-03 19:14:52

turboboy215

Mills, I need to ask you a few questions about 2nd Reality...

Hi, there, Mills, I have seen your 2nd reality demo, and I must say it looks amazing. However, I have a few questions for you...

1. Where did you find the original MOD, or did you create it, and how EXACTLY did you convert and play it using the GBT player? Also, I noticed that the song you used in an earlier demo, Kwazy Webbit Hole, is only an XM file, not a MOD file, so how did you convert it?
2. Where did you get the graphics, and how did you convert them?
3. In another forum, you showed how you were improving it. Are you still working on it?
4. In the "improved" version you said you were working on, how did you convert the high-color image of the troll?
5. In the first demo and the "improved" 2nd Reality demo, how did you convert and play the video?

Thank you! I hope to see more!

#2 2015-08-24 16:32:47

Mills

Re: Mills, I need to ask you a few questions about 2nd Reality...

turboboy215 wrote:

Hi, there, Mills, I have seen your 2nd reality demo, and I must say it looks amazing. However, I have a few questions for you...

1. Where did you find the original MOD, or did you create it, and how EXACTLY did you convert and play it using the GBT player? Also, I noticed that the song you used in an earlier demo, Kwazy Webbit Hole, is only an XM file, not a MOD file, so how did you convert it?
2. Where did you get the graphics, and how did you convert them?
3. In another forum, you showed how you were improving it. Are you still working on it?
4. In the "improved" version you said you were working on, how did you convert the high-color image of the troll?
5. In the first demo and the "improved" 2nd Reality demo, how did you convert and play the video?

Thank you! I hope to see more!

HI, sorry I was not looking in this forum during summer.

1. I recreated the music using open modplug tracker, If you have a MOD, you can easily export it to be used with GBT player, just use the sample MOD to set the correct GameBoy instruments to any note.

2. Graphics are ripped using dosbox. Then you can use any image editor to convert images to 160x144. To use the imagen on GameBoy you have to use a converter like ameBoy Tile Designer and GameBoy Map Builder and a lot of time.

4. Look for gameboy hicolor converter and hicolor sample in asm or GBDK, in GBDK the code will just load an asm program for you, because it can't be done in C.

5. Just use something like virtualdub or avidemux to convert a video to 160x144 and 9-10 fps. Then convert every frame to a gameboy image, and that's how I did it, you just have to load new background maps inside a while loop to recreate a movie.

3. I want to finish it, But it is very difficult to do, i have little time, if someone wants to help i could convert graphics and improve music, The code itself is too complex for me.

Thanks smile

Last edited by Mills (2015-08-24 16:35:45)

Board footer