Gameboy Development Forum

Discussion about software development for the old-school Gameboys, ranging from the "Gray brick" to Gameboy Color
(Launched in 2008)

You are not logged in.

Ads

#1 2008-02-25 22:32:27

blargg

Too many problems

For some reason I can't login with my preferred browser, as I can in other phpBB sites (ahh, I see this is PunBB, not phpBB). Using another crappier browser worked, but then after I had written a post, I accidentally clicked some "stupid smileys" or some such crap button and it replaced my entire post with a period, no way to get it back. Screw this.

And I can't find any place to delete my account. What the hell is it with these boards? I was on another one just like this, where it kept sending crap to my e-mail but had no way to delete the user. If they didn't clutter these damn things up with so many useless options, they real problems would surface quickly.

Last edited by blargg (2008-02-25 22:35:23)

#2 2008-02-25 23:18:28

IIMarckus

Re: Too many problems

Just which browser are you having problems with? I have no problems with IE6 and Firefox.

#3 2008-02-26 07:32:30

nitro2k01
Administrator

Re: Too many problems

Blargg, are you sure you that happened with this forum? yikes
1) I can log in with Opera (My preferred browser) as well as FF and IE. Which browser didn't work for you? I can possibly imagine there could be some problems with Safari or IE7, but...
2) This is a punBB board without extensions, which means there are no "stupid smiley buttons". You have to write all BBCode and smilies yourself. So how your post got replaced by a period is a mystery to me. Are you sure you didn't just touch the "." key? If so you could've just pressed Ctrl+Z.
3) Edit: I thought the e-mail thing was about my forum. My forum will only send you an acivation e-mail with a random password in it. Nothing else, unless you forget your password or subscribe to a thread. (Some forums have auto-subscription to threads enabled - I don't)

Blog: Gameboy Genius
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one small step"
Old Chinese Proverb

Board footer